Bonamini Stuffed Red Peppers in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Stuffed red peppers in Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Small ‘baby’ bell peppers carefully chosen and processed by emptying the little peppers and topping with cream of tuna and capers, creating this wonderfully delicious appetiser preserved in great Extra Virgin Olive oil.
Stuffed Red Peppers in Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Product Details
Variety of Olive: Native olives
Produced in: Illasi and Mezzane Valleys in the province of Verona, Italy
Ingredients: Red peppers, tuna, capers, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and parsley
Net content: 280g
Stuffed Red Peppers in Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Recipe Suggestion
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Red, yellow, orange or green bell peppers
- Onions (half onion per person)
- Garlic (small clove per person)
- Mushrooms (2 small cup mushrooms per person)
- Lean ground beef (use white/brown cooked rice to bulk out dish if you don’t eat beef)
- Tomato sauce (passata is good)
- Cheese (optional). You can use Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Mozzarella, whatever you have really
- Cut tops off peppers and set tops aside for decoration….
- Chop onions, garlic and mushrooms – add lean ground beef (or cooked white rice) stir-fry in Extra virgin Olive oil for approx. 2 mins
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with grated cheese and a little Passata
- Line inside of peppers with a little salt and microwave for 5 mins – this cuts baking time by half!
- Stuff peppers to full
- Replace tops for decoration
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive oil over bell peppers
- Place in oven (elec. 180-200) for 20mins